László Marjanucz (1954) graduated from the JGYTF as a teacher of Russian language and history in 1977, then in 1982 he obtained a degree of history at the Faculty of Arts of the KossuthLajosUniversity in Debrecen. In 1995 he became candidate of historical science (CSc). In 2007 he habilitated as a doctor of historical sciences. He has worked as an associate professor in the Institute of History at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Szeged. His research interests are 18th-19th-century Hungarian social and economic history and history of the Banat of Temeswar. In addition to his work as a researcher, he is member of several scientific organisations and associations.